Friday 22 August 2014

Veggie Burgers. Healthy & Delicious

When I founded a similar recipe to this and then I swap the ingredients and form to cook to make them healthier (thats how I come up with most of my recipes) I didn't expect them to be this good. I just thought It would be a nice little side or main dish to change it up a bit, but OMG! This turned to be one of my best recipes of all times. I don't know what is it. I think is the combination of the ingredients but they are amazing. So Try them and let me know what you think:

Ingredients:

1 cup of sunflower seeds
1 carrot
1 celery stick
1 red pepper
1 handful of parsley
1/2 a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Sea salt
Black pepper

So you have to soak the seeds for at least 4 hours. I soaked them all night.

Chop up the carrot, celery and pepper into very small pieces and pop into the blender add the seeds and condiments and blend very well. Make sure your seeds are dry so you don't add any water into the mixture because the mix is quiet wet. Then form the burgers and place them on a tray. I put tin foil on the tray next time I would put non grease proof paper. They didn't stick but it be cleaner way to remove them from tray. Then I popped into a preheated oven at 200C for about 20 minutes.

Serve with some broccoli or a salad. Or you can even use them as buns for a homemade burger! absolutely delicious! Please if you make them let me know how you get on.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Thank you for reminding us to always be thankful.
    Cook at weight watcher recipes free online foods.

    ReplyDelete